Mahindra and Mahindra have launched an affordable variant of their Thar SUV. These SUVs were previously only available in 4X4 options, but now it is also available in a 4X2 option.
The new Mahindra Thar will be available in both off-road SUV rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive options. The starting price of the new Mahindra Thar is 9.99 lakh rupees, with a booking requirement of 10,000 rupees. This car is seen as a competitor to Maruti’s Jimny.
The new Thar will have a similar appearance to the previous model, but the new variant will be available with a 2WD Thar hard-top option, with 4×4 not being labeled. Inside, the 4×4 gear shift lever has been left empty, along with an auto start/stop function. Its traction control, hill descent control, and door lock/unlock button can all be controlled from the center console.
The 2WD variant of the Thar will be powered by a 1.5-liter diesel engine, producing 117hp and 300Nm of peak torque, paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox. The other engine option is a 2.0-liter turbo petrol engine with a 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission, producing 152BHP and 320Nm of torque.
The new Thar is also presented in two new color options, Blazing Bronze and Everis White, with two engine options of 1.5-liter diesel and 2.0-liter turbo petrol.
The diesel variant is priced at 9.99 lakh rupees, while the turbo petrol variant is priced at 13.49 lakh rupees. The new THAR is available in AX(O) and LX trims.
– Mahindra & Mahindra has launched an affordable variant of the Thar SUV.
– The SUV is now available in both 4X4 and 4X2 options.
– The starting price for the new Thar is 9.99 lakh rupees.
– The interior features of the new Thar include an auto start/stop function and traction control.
– The 2WD variant is powered by a 1.5-liter diesel engine, while the 4WD variant has a 2.0-liter turbo petrol engine with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
– The new Thar comes in new color options of Blazing Bronze and Everist White.
– The diesel variant is priced at 9.99 lakh rupees, and the turbo petrol variant is priced at 13.49 lakh rupees.
– The Thar is available in AX(O) and LX trims.