Suzuki launched its new sportbike Suzuki GSX-8R at EICMA 2023. Similar to the V-Strome and GSX-8S, the Suzuki GSX-8R is based on a twin-cylinder platform. The fully faired motorcycle comes with underbelly exhaust, split seats, clip-on bars, and vertical-stacked headlights with air ducts on the edges. The Suzuki GSX-8R features USD forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear. It also includes LED lights, disc brakes on both ends, and 17-inch wheels. The bike comes with ride-by-wire, low RPM assist, traction control, bi-directional quickshifter, ride modes, ABS, and many other modern features.
The Suzuki GSX-8R is powered by a liquid-cooled 776cc parallel-twin engine, capable of generating 80bhp of maximum power and 78Nm of peak torque. It is paired with a 6-speed gearbox to deliver better performance. The bike will compete globally with the Yamaha R7.
While Suzuki has not provided any information regarding the launch of the bike in the Indian market, the company offers a wide range of two-wheelers in India, including sports bikes like the Katana and Hayabusa, as well as normal bikes and scooters such as the V-Strom, Gixxer, Gixxer SF, Access, Burgman Street, and Burgman E-X. It is anticipated that Suzuki may soon introduce its new sportbike, the Suzuki GSX-8R, in the Indian market.
1. Suzuki has unveiled its new sports bike, the Suzuki GSX-8R, at EICMA 2023.
2. The bike is based on a twin-cylinder platform and comes with features such as full fairing, underbelly exhaust, split seats, clip-on bars, and vertical-stacked headlights.
3. The Suzuki GSX-8R has a liquid-cooled 776cc parallel-twin engine with 80 bhp power and 78 Nm torque, along with a 6-speed gearbox.
4. The bike also includes modern features such as ride-by-wire, low RPM assist, traction control, bi-directional quickshifter, ride modes, and ABS.
5. While its launch in the Indian market has not been confirmed, Suzuki already sells a range of sports bikes, normal bikes, and scooters in the country.
6. Suzuki’s sports bike lineup includes the Katana and Hayabusa, while its normal bike segment features the V-Strom, Gixxer, and Gixxer SF models, and the scooter segment includes the Access, Avenis, Burgman Street, and Burgman Street models.