Tata Punch iCNG: Tata Motors, renowned for its robust vehicles, has shaken the market with the launch of its new Tata Punch iCNG. This launch underscores the brand’s commitment to innovating with advanced technologies. Notably, Tata had previously introduced its premium hatchback, Altroz, with similar technology.
The Punch iCNG boasts a powerful 1.2-liter 3-cylinder Revotron petrol engine. On petrol, this engine produces a maximum power of 86 hp and peak torque of 113 NM. However, when operated on CNG, the car generates 72 hp at 6,000 rpm and a peak torque of 103 NM at 3,230 rpm. Exclusive to its CNG variant, the vehicle features a 5-speed AMT gearbox. A significant highlight is the car’s fuel efficiency: a commendable 24 km/l on petrol and an impressive 32 km/l on CNG.
Safety hasn’t been overlooked. The car incorporates a micro-switch to ensure the vehicle remains off during CNG refueling. Additionally, it features thermal incident protection that automatically shuts down the car and releases gas in the event of anomalies.
As for features, Tata has equipped the Punch iCNG with state-of-the-art amenities. These include a voice-assisted electric sunroof, front seat armrest, USB Type-C charger, and a shark fin antenna. Further enhancing its appeal are the automatic projector headlamps, LED DRLs, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a 7-inch Harman infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity, rain-sensing wipers, and a height-adjustable driver seat.
Priced competitively, the starting ex-showroom price of the Tata Punch iCNG is set at 7.10 lakh rupees. It will be available in three variants: Pure, Adventure, and Accomplished. The car competes with models like Hyundai Xcent, Maruti Fronx, Renault Kiger, Maruti Brezza, and Hyundai Venue, reflecting its standing in a tough segment.
– Tata has launched the Punch iCNG SUV in the market with its twin-cylinder technology.
– The car is equipped with a powerful 1.2-litre three-cylinder Revotron petrol engine that produces 86 hp of maximum power.
– The iCNG variant of the car delivers a mileage of 32 kilometers per kilogram, while the petrol variant delivers 24 kilometers per liter.
– In terms of safety, the car features a micro switch and thermal incident protection, ensuring safe operation of the CNG system.
– The Punch iCNG comes with impressive features such as voice-assisted electric sunroof, front seat armrest, USB C-type charger, and a shark fin antenna.
– It also has automatic projector headlamps, LED DRLs, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, an infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity, rain-sensing wipers, and a height-adjustable driver seat.
– The starting price for the Punch iCNG is set at 7.10 lakh rupees (ex-showroom).
– It competes with cars like Hyundai Venue, Maruti Nexa, Renault Kiger, Maruti Brezza, and Hyundai Verna in the market.