The Indian two-wheeler market is diverse and dynamic, and amidst this arena, the Bajaj Platina 100 has made a significant mark. Known for its mileage and affordability, this bike is a perfect blend of efficiency and reliability. Let’s delve into the features, advantages, and feedback from users about the Bajaj Platina 100.
Key Features & Specifications
The Bajaj Platina 100 is a prime choice for those seeking a reliable commuter bike with a strong balance of performance and economy. Boasting a competitive price point of Rs. 80,636 in the Indian market, it is available in a single variant with a choice of four striking colors.
Weighing in at 117 kg, the bike is built for agility and ease, making daily commutes a breeze. It’s equipped with an 11-liter fuel tank, allowing for fewer refueling stops on extended journeys. Under the hood, the Platina 100 houses a BS6-compliant 102cc fuel-injected engine. This powertrain delivers a commendable 7.8bhp and 8.34Nm of torque, ensuring smooth rides in urban terrains.
Adding to its driving comfort is its suspension system, consisting of telescopic forks at the front and dual shock absorbers at the rear. The 17-inch alloy wheels not only enhance the bike’s aesthetic appeal but also contribute to its sturdy ride quality. Overall, the Bajaj Platina 100 encapsulates essential features that make it a top pick for daily riders.
Strengths & Areas for Improvement
- Good Things:
- Peppy Motor: Quick acceleration right from the get-go.
- Comfort: The suspension setup is tailored for maximum rider comfort.
- Fuel Efficiency: One of its standout features is the fuel-efficient engine, making it pocket-friendly in the long run.
- Could be Better:
- Component Quality: There’s some room for improvement in the overall quality of components.
- Tyres & Brakes: A move to tubeless tyres and inclusion of a disc brake option would enhance the safety quotient.
- Aman’s Review: “The Bajaj Platina 100cc is comfortable even for three riders. Its impressive mileage of 65 km/l makes it ideal for daily commuting.”
- Gaurav Thakur’s Experience: “Having owned the Bajaj Platina 100 for over a decade, I can vouch for its durability. It’s perfect for daily riders, offering splendid mileage. It’s not about speed or style; it’s about consistent performance and low maintenance.”
- Arjun Yadav: “After trying my friend’s Bajaj 100cc, I’m keen on getting one. The mileage, which averages 70 km/l, combined with its aesthetic appeal and low maintenance, makes it an ideal choice.”
Bajaj Platina 100
- Q: What’s the on-road price of Bajaj Platina 100 in 2023 in Samastipur?A: The comprehensive on-road price is Rs. 80,636, which includes ex-showroom price, RTO, and insurance charges.
- Q: What colour options are available for the Bajaj Platina 100?A: It’s available in four elegant shades – Black & Red, Black & Silver, Black & Gold, and Black & Blue.
- Q: Can you highlight the key specifications of Bajaj Platina 100?A: Absolutely, the Bajaj Platina 100 is a commuter bike weighing 117 kg. It’s powered by a 102 cc BS6 engine and has a fuel tank capacity of 11 litres.
The Bajaj Platina 100 stands out in the commuter segment for its fuel efficiency, reliability, and affordability. It’s a testament to Bajaj’s commitment to delivering quality and value to its customers. Whether you’re a daily commuter or a weekend rider, the Bajaj Platina 100 is a worthy addition to your garage.