When it comes to the two-wheeler market in India, competition is fierce, and standing out requires impeccable design, efficient performance, and valuable features. Among the leading players in the field, Bajaj’s Platina 100 has managed to steal the spotlight by overtaking its rival, Hero Splendor. Below is a closer look at the Bajaj Platina 100 and the attributes that make it shine.
1. Design and Appearance
The Bajaj Platina 100, known for its excellent mileage, is available exclusively in one variant but offers a choice of 4 colours to cater to varied tastes. The price for this economic marvel begins at a competitive Rs. 80,636. While its design focuses on the essentials, Bajaj ensures the Platina maintains a traditional and timeless appearance.
2. Key Highlights of Platina 100
- Mileage: An impressive 73.5 kmpl which speaks volumes of its efficiency.
- Transmission: A 4-speed manual system, providing a smooth riding experience.
- Kerb Weight: At 117 kg, it ensures ease of handling without compromising on stability.
- Fuel Tank Capacity: With a 13-litre fuel tank, this motorcycle is designed for long rides without frequent fuel stops, emphasizing its remarkable fuel efficiency.
3. Room for Improvement
While Platina 100 has numerous advantages, there are areas where it could be enhanced:
- It could use more premium quality components.
- Introduction of tubeless tyres would be a welcome change.
- An option for disc brakes would cater to those prioritizing safety.
4. What Sets It Apart? Bajaj Platina 100 boasts of several strengths:
- A spirited motor, ensuring swift acceleration right from the get-go.
- A comfortable suspension setup, making long journeys smoother.
- Its signature fuel-efficient engine, allowing riders to travel long distances on a single tank.
5. In-depth Features of Platina 100
- Displacement: 102 cc, ensuring a balanced performance.
- Max Power: 7.79 bhp at 7500 rpm, providing the needed thrust.
- Max Torque: 8.34 Nm at 5500 rpm, ensuring a responsive and agile ride.
- Seat Height: 807 mm, making it accessible for a wide range of riders.
- Ground Clearance: 200 mm, enabling it to tackle various terrains with ease.
6. Price and EMI The Bajaj Platina 100 is priced at ₹ 80,636, making it an affordable option for many. For those looking to opt for financing, the EMI starts at Rs. 2,766, providing flexibility in payment options.
while the Hero Splendor has been a popular choice among many, the Bajaj Platina 100 with its top-notch mileage, feature-packed design, and robust engine proves that it’s a force to be reckoned with in the competitive Indian market.
Bajaj Platina 100 Features:
- Design & Variant
- Available in 1 variant.
- Choice of 4 colours.
- Conventional, timeless appearance.
- Starting at Rs. 80,636 in India.
- Key Highlights
- Mileage: 73.5 kmpl.
- Transmission: 4-speed manual.
- Kerb Weight: 117 kg.
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 13 litres.
- Areas for Improvement
- Could use premium quality components.
- No tubeless tyres.
- Absence of disc brake option.
- Peppy motor with quick acceleration.
- Comfortable suspension setup.
- Highly fuel-efficient engine.
- Technical Features
- Displacement: 102 cc.
- Max Power: 7.79 bhp @ 7500 rpm.
- Max Torque: 8.34 Nm @ 5500 rpm.
- Seat Height: 807 mm.
- Ground Clearance: 200 mm.
- Finance Option
- EMI: Starts at Rs. 2,766.