The motorcycle market is replete with options, but the Honda Unicorn 160 stands out as a prominent contender. With a reputation for producing reliable and efficient bikes, Honda once again presents a compelling case against giants like the Bajaj Pulsar. Let’s delve deep into the specifics of this 160cc powerhouse.
1. Key Specifications:
- Engine: A robust 162.7 cc engine drives the Unicorn 160.
- Power & Torque: The bike generates a commendable 12.91 PS of power and a torque of 14 Nm.
- Price: In India, the Honda Unicorn is priced at Rs. 1,09,800. The motorcycle is available in a single variant: Honda Unicorn STD.
2. Potential Drawbacks of the Unicorn:
- Price Jump: The transition to the BS6 variant has made it noticeably pricier.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Its look might appear a bit outdated for some.
- Feature Set: Compared to competitors, it might seem less feature-loaded.
3. Admirable Qualities of the Unicorn:
- Comfort & Refinement: The bike ensures a smooth ride, marking Honda’s signature refinement.
- Reliability: Honda bikes, including the Unicorn 160, are known for their long-lasting reliability.
- Enhancements: This model is now lighter with increased ground clearance, making it even more versatile.
4. Key Stats:
- Price: The BS6 variant of the Honda Unicorn is set at Rs. 1,05,037.
- Mileage: A notable 60 kmpl ensures you go a long way on a full tank.
- Weight & Braking: With a kerb weight of 140 kg and disc brakes at the front, it promises both agility and safety.
5. Feature Rundown:
- Mileage: An impressive 60 kmpl.
- Engine & Displacement: It sports a 4-stroke, SI, BS-VI engine with a displacement of 162.7 cc.
- Power & Torque: Max power of 12.91 PS and torque of 14 Nm.
- Brakes: The bike is equipped with disc brakes at the front and drum brakes at the rear.
- Fuel Capacity: A decent tank with a capacity of 13 L.
The Honda Unicorn 160, with its blend of performance, reliability, and efficiency, makes a compelling case against competitors like the Bajaj Pulsar. While it may have certain areas of improvement, it holds its ground firmly in the 160cc segment. Whether you’re a seasoned biker or a novice, the Unicorn 160 deserves consideration for your next ride.
- Displacement: 162.7 cc
- Engine Type: 4-stroke, SI, BS-VI Engine
- Number of Cylinders: 1
- Power: 12.91 PS
- Torque: 14 Nm
- Fuel Efficiency:
- Mileage: 60 kmpl
- Fuel Capacity: 13 liters
- Honda Unicorn STD Variant Price: Rs. 1,09,800
- Updated BS6 Price: Rs. 1,05,037
- Braking System:
- Front Brake: Disc
- Rear Brake: Drum
- Physical Specifications:
- Kerb Weight: 140 kg
- Increased ground clearance (specific clearance value not provided)
- Aesthetics & Design:
- Appearance might feel a bit outdated to some
- Single variant available: Honda Unicorn STD
- Comfortable and refined ride
- Known for its reliability
- Lighter build compared to previous versions
- Higher price in its BS6 form
- Might feel less feature-rich compared to competitors
- Aesthetic appeal could be modernized
- User Reviews Highlights:
- Transition to BS6 made it pricier
- Long-lasting and reliable ride experience
- A bit on the heavier side in its segment