In the ever-expanding landscape of affordable SUVs in the Indian market, discerning customers are spoilt for choice. When the budget is set at around 700,000 rupees, most buyers traditionally veer towards options like the Tata Punch. However, in recent times, the Renault Kiger has emerged as a compelling alternative, promising both power and a slew of features.
1. Renault Kiger Budget-Friendly Options and Availability
The Renault Kiger doesn’t just appeal to those looking for a mid-range SUV; it also tempts the budget-conscious buyer. The car is available in five distinct variants, with the base model priced tantalizingly at approximately 6 lakhs. Such affordability means that there’s a Renault Kiger for almost every budget. However, with popularity comes demand. Potential buyers might have to demonstrate a touch of patience, as the waiting period for the car currently stands at 2 to 8 weeks.
2. Renault Kiger Dive into the Specifications
At the heart of the Renault Kiger lies a robust Engine of 999 cc. Depending on the variant, buyers can expect a BHP ranging from 71.01 to 98.63. The car provides flexibility in transmission with both manual and automatic options available.
Beyond the engine and transmission, the Kiger boasts a dazzling array of colors. There are seven monotone shades, from the eye-catching Radiant Red to the sophisticated Stealth Black. For those wanting a bit more flair, there are four dual-tone options such as the Caspian Blue with a Black roof or the elegant Moonlight Silver paired with a Black roof.
3. Renault Kiger A Glimpse at Ownership Costs and Features
Purchasing a car is just the first step. Potential owners must also consider the cost of maintaining their new vehicle. Fortunately, the Renault Kiger proves economical in this regard as well. The estimated annual maintenance cost hovers around 6,000 to 8,000 rupees.
For those keen on understanding the financial aspect further, the car is priced between Rs. 7.47 – 13.04 lakh. Considering a standard loan structure, the EMI would approximately be Rs. 12,429 for a five-year tenure.
In terms of features, the Renault Kiger packs in a lot. Notable highlights include a wireless phone charger, cruise control (exclusive to the turbo variants), and a PM2.5 air filter standard across all variants.
4. Renault Kiger Stiff Competition
While the Kiger stands tall on its merits, it faces tough competition. Cars like the Nissan Magnite and Tata Punch offer their own set of unique features and advantages. However, the Renault Kiger holds its own in this crowded segment with its potent combination of performance, features, and affordability.
5. Renault Kiger Emphasis on Efficiency and Modern Features
Fuel efficiency remains a primary concern for most Indian consumers, and the Kiger does not disappoint. It boasts a mileage of between 18.24 to 20.5 kmpl, running solely on petrol.
In the age of technology, modern buyers demand the latest gadgets and features. The Kiger delivers with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system that seamlessly integrates wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Furthermore, the 7-inch digital driver display, automatic climate control, and a push-button start/stop system add to the car’s allure.
While options abound in the sub-700,000 rupee SUV segment, the Renault Kiger demands a closer look. Its blend of performance, features, and affordability ensures it remains a frontrunner in this competitive market.
1. SUV car market is growing rapidly due to their performance and spaciousness.
2. Renault Kiger is an affordable SUV option with excellent safety features, power, and space.
3. It is available in 5 variants, starting from a budget-friendly price of 6 lakhs.
4. The car comes with two engine options – 1.0L petrol and 1.0L turbocharged, generating power of 72 bhp and 100 bhp respectively.
5. The naturally aspirated engine offers manual and AMT gearbox options, while the turbocharged engine comes with CVT.
6. The maintenance cost of Renault Kiger is estimated to be around 6-8 thousand rupees per year.
7. The car is loaded with features like wireless mobile charger, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 7-inch digital driver display, climate control AC, and more.
8. It also includes safety features like ESP, hill start assist, traction control system, tire pressure monitoring, four airbags, EBD, and ABS.
9. The car also offers speed sensing door lock, rearview camera, and rear parking sensors.
10. The starting price of Renault Kiger is 6.50 lakhs, while the top variant is priced at 11.23 lakhs.
11. It is a competitive choice compared to cars like Nissan Magnite and Tata Punch.
12. The car’s powerful engine options provide good performance on the road.
13. The maintenance cost is relatively low, making it an economical choice.
14. It offers a wide range of features, enhancing the overall driving experience.
15. The price range makes it an attractive option for buyers with a limited budget.