With the aim of reducing pollution in the country, several measures are being taken, including the promotion of electric vehicles (EVs). In line with this effort, the government has approved the Bihar Electric Vehicle Policy 2023. This policy offers discounts on the purchase of electric two-wheelers and provides relief in the registration process.
The Cabinet has also approved the operation of 400 electric buses in six major cities, including Patna, under the PM E-Bus Service. Additionally, the policy includes subsidies for the purchase of the first 10,000 EVs, with a subsidy of INR 5,000 for the general category and INR 7,500 for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe buyers. Furthermore, a 75% waiver on registration and road tax will be provided for the first 10,000 EVs purchased. The government also outlined various discounts on different categories of EVs, such as a 50% registration discount for three-wheeled vehicles and subsidies of up to INR 1.25 lakh for the purchase of four-wheeled passenger vehicles.
In accordance with the Bihar Taxi Aggregator Operation Guidelines 2019, service providers must have a minimum of 20% electric four-wheeler vehicles in the first two years, increasing to 40% by the end of the third year. The policy also provides a 75% discount for heavy electric motor vehicles (buses and freight vehicles) for the first two years. Subsequently, a 50% discount will be applicable. Moreover, the policy includes subsidies for the installation of charging stations, offering a 75% subsidy for the purchase of the first 300 AC chargers and a subsidy of INR 25,000 for installation, up to a maximum of INR 1.5 lakh.
The implementation of the Bihar Electric Vehicle Policy 2023 demonstrates the commitment to promoting sustainable and eco-friendly transportation in the state. These measures are poised to drive the adoption of electric vehicles and contribute to the reduction of pollution in Bihar.
– The Bihar Electric Vehicle Policy 2023 has been approved for promoting the use of electric vehicles in the state, with subsidies for the purchase and registration of electric two-wheelers.
– The PM e-bus service has been approved for operation in six major cities, with the purchase of 400 electric buses.
– Subsidies of up to 7,500 rupees for SC/ST purchasers and 5,000 rupees for the general category will be provided for the first purchase of 10,000 e-vehicles, along with a 75% waiver on registration and road tax.
– Discounts of up to 50% on the registration of three-wheeler vehicles, 50% on registration of three-wheeler goods carriers, and up to 1.25 lakh rupees on the purchase of e-passenger vehicles are also being offered.
– The Bihar Taxi Aggregator Operation Directions 2019 states the requirement for an increasing percentage of electric four-wheeler vehicles over the next years for approved service providers.
– Subsidies are also available for the installation of charging stations in the form of a 75% subsidy on the purchase of the first 300 AC chargers and up to 1.5 lakh rupees for DC chargers.