In the Indian market, various domestic and foreign companies are expanding their business of electric two-wheelers. Honda Global has recently confirmed that it will soon launch electric bikes. The company has announced that it will launch an affordable electric motorcycle with a capacity of 110 to 125 cc in India next year. Honda could invest $3.4 billion by 2030 for this venture. Additionally, the company aims to sell 4 million electric motorbikes in the international market during this period.
The production of electric motorcycles will take place in Honda’s factory in India. Reports suggest that the model will have a swappable battery. After India, this model will also be launched in Japan, Europe, and other Asian countries.
The Executive Officer of Motorcycle and Power Products Electrification Business Development Unit at Honda Motor Company, Daisuke Mihara, mentioned, “Next year, in 2024, we will launch an electric motorcycle with a swappable battery. Subsequently, it will be launched in Japan, Europe, and Asian countries.”
The manufacturing of these environmentally friendly electric bike models will take place in the company’s existing factories. However, by 2027, Honda will construct a separate factory for the production of electric two-wheelers. The production of some important components of the two-wheelers will be carried out there to keep the cost low. The new plant is expected to produce around 1 million e-bike models every year. Each plant will require an investment of approximately 50 billion yen, equivalent to 2,800 crore in Indian currency.
Honda aims to sell 40 lakh e-motorcycles by 2030 and has a plan to manufacture 600-700 cc e-bikes as well. The company plans to launch 30 new electric motorcycles by 2024. Honda will offer the latest connectivity and modern technology, including OTA updates, with different latest technologies.
– Honda Global has confirmed plans to launch affordable electric motorcycles in India with a capacity of 110 to 125cc.
– The company plans to invest $3.4 billion by 2030 and aims to sell 4 million electric motorcycles in the international market during the same period.
– The electric motorcycles will be produced in Honda’s factories in India and will also be launched in Japan, Europe, and other Asian countries.
– Honda plans to build a separate factory for the production of two-wheeler electric vehicles in 2027 to keep costs low, and estimates to produce around 1 million e-bikes annually.
– Honda aims to sell 40 million e-motorcycles by 2030 and plans to launch 30 new electric motorcycles by 2024 with the latest connectivity and modern technology, including OTA updates.
– The company also plans to produce 600-700cc e-bikes in the future.