Hyundai has broken new ground in the SUV market with its latest sensation, the Hyundai Exter. The vehicle has crossed the 1 lakh booking mark in India, a remarkable achievement since its launch in July 2023 with an attractive design and impressive features. It has reached significant milestones in August and October 2023 with 50,000 and 75,000 bookings, respectively.
The Hyundai Exter is available in seven variants – EX, EX (O), S, S (O), SX, SX (O), and SX (O) Connect, offering a diverse range to meet various priorities. The SUV’s competitive price ranges from ₹6.35 lakh to ₹10 lakh (all ex-showroom prices).
Under the hood, the Exter boasts a powerful 1.2-liter Kappa petrol engine, delivering a robust performance of 83 BHP and 114 Nm torque in petrol mode. It comes with a five-speed manual gearbox or automatic manual transmission (AMT) for the petrol version. Additionally, the Exter offers a CNG version that delivers 69 BHP and 95.2 Nm torque, particularly equipped with a manual transmission.
In terms of fuel efficiency, the CNG version achieves an impressive mileage of around 27.1 km/kg, while the petrol version provides a commendable 19.4 km/l. Despite its cost-effective status, the Exter does not compromise on features, boasting factory-fitted dashcam, automatic projector headlamps, keyless entry and start, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, wireless charging, and built-in navigation.
Safety takes top priority for the Exter, featuring six airbags, electronic stability control (ESC), hill assist control, electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), rear parking sensors and camera, and anti-lock braking system (ABS) with three-point seat belts for all occupants.
Since its launch on 10th July 2023, the Hyundai Exter has made a significant impact on the Indian automotive landscape. With its attractive design, feature-packed offerings, and competitive pricing, the Exter has become a popular choice among SUV enthusiasts in the country. Its main competitor in India is the Tata Punch, a micro SUV that has been a hot seller since its inception. Like the Exter, the Punch is currently available with petrol and CNG options, with an electric version in the works, further strengthening its position as India’s top micro SUV.
With Exter’s success in mind, it will be interesting to see if Hyundai will also launch the Exter EV in the future, considering the growing trend towards electric vehicles. The automotive industry in India is booming, and the Exter has certainly made a mark in this competitive market.
– Hyundai Exter has achieved a remarkable milestone of over 1 lakh bookings in India since its launch in July 2023.
– The SUV comes in seven variants and offers a wide range of features to meet different preferences.
– It is priced between ₹6.35 lakh and ₹10 lakh and is available in petrol and CNG versions.
– The CNG variant provides a mileage of approximately 27.1 km per kg, while the petrol variant offers 19.4 km per liter.
– The SUV is equipped with various features such as a factory-fitted dashcam, automatic projector headlamps, keyless entry and start, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, and more.
– Safety features include six airbags, electronic stability control (ESC), hill assist control, electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), rear parking sensors and camera, and anti-lock braking system (ABS) with three-point seat belts for all passengers.
– The Hyundai Exter has made a significant impact on the Indian automotive landscape with its attractive design, feature-packed offering, and competitive pricing.
– Its main competitor is the Tata Punch, a micro SUV that has been a hot seller in India.
– There is speculation about the possibility of Hyundai launching an electric version of the Exter, which could further strengthen its position in the market.